Wednesday 17 October 2007

Ethics???

I am due to have my tutorial next week to decide on my title for my assignment on Ethics.
I somehow want to get work, ethics and theology linked and I am considering the use of some study on the Brady (the company I work for) Ethics policy. Not sure how this would work yet but I am particularly interested in whether the policy is intentioned to support a positive ethical management approach or whether it is just a box-ticked? Not sure about the theological link yet... Any ideas on what I could focus on?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello John, intersting assignment to start with about the ethical stance of the company. I am aware that recent studies are showing that for some graduates considering the ethical policies of prospective companies when making decisions about working for them is an important issue. May be you could consider what the stance of your company means for the different stakeholders, so staff, customers etc. Best wishes, Sarah

John said...

Hi Sarah. Interesting comment. That is exactly why I joined Brady in the 1st place - primarily because their policy on ethics and their flexible employment attitude. I am sure that I will refelct something with the assignment on this.