Friday 4 April 2008

Refreshed Expressions

A refreshing experience at Spring Harvest offered the opportunity to reflect on what me and Irene might be being called to.
Several helpful conversations with a fellow student have meant some more key areas coming up. Some more on the "closing churches". It looks like that is all to do with new and growth. Closing will be part of the painful experience of growth. New life amongst the pain will be a key way of sustaining faithful people in need of support and renewal.
I have been thinking how important the possibility of new has been in my business life so far. There have been many times when change has meant saying goodbye to something and in every occasion where there has some real new life as part of the change it has meant the pain has been easier for everyone to deal with. Pain and Joy. On reflection it does seem that the promise of Jesus is the way forward for the Methodist Church. Maybe the real issue is working that out in practice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.