Wednesday 12 March 2008

Foundation Course – Weekend Prayer Retreat

Went on this weekend at the Methodist conference centre at Muswell Hill. Great time and a real sense of togetherness with my fellow students. This was a guided retreat working on exploring different ways of praying with a focus on understanding our calling. Morfa Jones and Mark Wakelin were good leaders and some exciting stuff happened. Yet further confirmation – this time about leading the sharing of the Eucharist. I also had a strong call to “cry” with people. Crying may be actual or symbolic but this came strongly through the “taste of salt”. It all sounds a bit strange but the exercise we did really focussed on tasting salt and this was followed by me tasting some of my own tears when I was praying with other people in need.
The weekend reinforced my view that spending time on retreat (or similar) should be a regular part of my future life.

No comments: